Deadlines and Information
- The Canadian Iaido Association (CIA) is an official branch of the All Japan Iaido Federation (ZNIR). All rules are the results of consulting with ZNIR officials. All rules must be followed.
- Seminar applications should be in before May 20, 2017. If you wish to apply later than this please contact the CIA president Denny Hewgill.
- IMPORTANT: Please give your cheque or money order (made out to "Canadian Iaido Association") to your attending sensei before the seminar, or have it ready to pay at the seminar.
- You will NOT be allowed to register at the door. Talk to your sensei if this is an issue or contact the CIA president Denny Hewgill.
- The cost for the seminar is $100.00CAD per day (Friday is $30.00CAD because it is shorter). Dan examination will be extra, and has a separate sign up sheet.
- Please make sure you read and understand the Appropriate Seminar Rules & Etiquette and Association Regulations
If you re-submit your application because of a change, make sure that all your information is put into your new application as it will replace the old application.
When you submit your application an itemized email will be sent to the email address in your application.
During the seminar, the class may be divided into groups (high Dan and low Dan practitioners) for educational and teaching purposes. Under the law of ZNIR/CIA, a practitioner without a ZNIR Dan will not be recognized, and must join the low dan practitioners, unless confirmed with CIA officials first.